Smart has owned a special place in automotive history. Its origins were in the Swatch design studio. After several iterations, Smart grew up and developed with a clean, battery-electric drivetrain. It was Tesla that helped Mercedes-Benz make the first Smart Electric Drive models. The Smart ED (electric drive) did so well, production of the gas version was discontinued in favour of the more powerful, more responsive, and more reliable EV version.
Smart is the easiest EV to own. Ideally suited for urban driving where ease of parking is crucial, it will be your transportation companion. Yes, it is small, and so is its purchase price.
Why drive a smart electric? Here are some fabulous reasons:
- Excellent visibility. Having your head inside a really small car allows you the perfect vantage point. As a driver or passenger you will really enjoy being able to see everything around you with ease.
- Parking this car is so ridiculously simple. Even somebody with a stiff neck and poor eyesight and limited arm strength will still have absolutely no problem parking this vehicle in any spot, no exceptions. If you struggle to park, buy a smart.
- Rain sensing wipers. They automatically wipe, and they work better than Tesla’s automatic wipers, they are perfect.
- Polycarbonate skylight roof. You can have access to all the sun and light you desire, or you can close the convenient built-in shade to keep things, cozy and dark inside.
- Ultimate simplicity in controls. This vehicle is low tech, technically speaking. The heating and air-conditioning controls are so simple to operate. No instructions necessary.
- Instant heat. Smart makes heat within 30 seconds after you get in the car. You’ll never have to wait for this car to warm up. And it warms up really nicely.
- It’s not a fast car but if you put your foot all the way to the floor and then push just a bit harder, you’ll feel a clique through your foot. Smart car is efficient because it is small and uses a small motor. But when you really need to pass somebody or get out of the way, smart and delivers an extra punch of power when you push your foot right to the end of the pedal stroke, it will impress you with its acceleration when you need it.
- Perfect for Victoria: Smart has enough range to handle every day driving around Victoria, and it charges completely in four hours on level 2, or in ten hours (overnight) with the included charge cord.
Trade in any vehicle, gas or electric. Take this Smart home overnight and tell us what you think. Is it right for you?
Battery and Charging
3.3 kW Onboard Charger
Includes 120v charge cord
15" Alloy Wheels
Daytime Running Lights
Driver Assist Packages
Bluetooth Hands Free Calling
Bluetooth Media Streaming
Touchscreen Navigation System
Extended Warranty Eligible
USB and Auxiliary Port
Tire Pressure Monitoring